|File information||File type||Options|
2.1 MB, 5013 × 7516 pixels (37.68 MP)
42.4 cm × 63.6 cm @ 300 PPI
Canada, Pickerel, Walleye, Recipe, salad, fish dish, Freshwater, Partners, summer, MSC Canada, oven, Summer Salad, fresh water, filet
Must tag @MSCbluefish and @ChefCharlotteLangley. Please check with MSC Canada for further information.
MSC Canada Ambassador, Chef Charlotte Langley, shared this recipe for Walleye with Fresh Cucumber Salad with Radishes, Capers and an Avocado Vinaigrette.
2 lbs Fresh Walleye Fillet
1 Ripe Avocado
1 whole lemon, juice and zest
¼ Cup Good Olive Oil
2 Tbsp fresh Coriander Leaves ( you can sub in Basil if you prefer)
1 Cup english cucumber that has been peeled and chopped into bite size rounds
½ Cup English cucumbers that have been peeled intro strips with a vegetable peeler
¼ Cup Mixed radishes in thin slices
10 Caper Berries sliced in halves
Sea Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F
2. Portion the Walleye into 4 equal portions and set aside on a plate to come to room temperature, approximately 10 minutes.
3. Slice your radishes in thin rounds on the mandolin and store in cold water
4. In a blender, add a whole de seeded avocado, olive oil, coriander leaves, and the zest and juice of one lemon.
5. Blend on high until very smooth, season with salt to taste. Set aside in an airtight container until ready for use.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and add the pieces of fish, skin side up. Drizzle with a little canola oil, or neutral oil of choice, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the pieces of fish are fork tender. Remove fish from the oven and let rest for 2-3 minutes while you plate your salad.
7. Gather your sliced cucumbers, shaved cucumbers, and radishes. Drain and dry them on paper towel. Toss them gently together in a bowl with a few tbsp of the dressing and season to taste.
a. Tip! The caper berries are salty so mind your seasoning here!
8. Schmear some of the dressing on your plate of choice, arranging the crunchy veggies and a few pieces of the caper berries.
9. Finish by placing the fish on top of your creation and voila!
Please contact MSC Canada for marketing approvals.
Global rights for noncommercial use.