|File information||File type||Options|
2.5 MB, 7653 × 5105 pixels (39.07 MP)
64.8 cm × 43.2 cm @ 300 PPI
Canada, Perch, Yellow perch, Fish and chips, Recipe, salad, fish dish, Freshwater, Partners, meal, MSC Canada, oven, fresh water, filet, Fryer, Deep Fried, Wild Perch
Must tag @MSCbluefish and @ChefCharlotteLangley. Please check with MSC Canada for further information.
MSC Canada Ambassador, Chef Charlotte Langley, shared this recipe for Classic Fish and Chips with Wild Perch
2 lbs Fresh Yellow Perch Fillets
2 Cups Shredded Green and Purple Cabbages
½ Cup Shredded Carrots (grate on the box grater)
2 tbsp fresh Herbs such as Dill, Basil, tarragon and Parsley
½ Cup Aioli of choice
2 large Russet Potatoes
1 Cup All Purpose unbleached Flour
1 Cup Corn starch
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
Tall can of Pilsner or lager or whatever beer you like!
1 Fresh lemon
Can of Peas
As much tartar sauce as you like
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Open the beer and whisk slowly to combine, a few bigger lumps are fine; it should be slightly thicker than pancake batter. Place in the fridge covered over night or until ready to fry.
2. Cut russet potatoes into the shape of a French fry, keeping them even. Place them in a medium sized pot and top with cold water and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and skim any potato foam on the top. Once tender, approximately 5-7 minutes, drain and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and dry in the fridge. TIP: This can also be done the day before and are great when air dried overnight.
3. In another medium sized bowl, combine the shredded cabbage and carrot, fresh herbs, and Aioli. Mix well and season to taste. Set aside.
4. Preheat fryer to 375 Degrees F.
5. Toss the perch fillet in a little bit of dry flour to absorb any extra moisture. Season lightly and dip into beer batter and drop into the fryer, shaking the basket gently as you drop so they won’t get stuck. TIP: Make sure not to overcrowd the fryer.
6. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel, season, and keep warm in an oven that is set to 275 degrees F while you fry the french fries.
7. Drop the fries and cook until crispy, approximately 10 minutes.
8. Remove and toss in salt and pepper and serve immediately with the pieces of perch, some creamy coleslaw, tartar sauce, warmed up peas, and fresh lemon.
Please contact MSC Canada for marketing approvals.
Global rights for noncommercial use.